Friday 29 January 2010

What is so GREAT about being a teacher???

Being a teacher? what is so great about being a teacher?

Great that i'm able to be so-called creative to do freaking lesson plans every day?

Great that i'm able to stand in front of a bunch of students who may or may not listen to me?

Great that i could educate them when they can just go and learn from tuition centres or learn on their own?

Great that i might be a laughing stock for students who underestimate my capability of teaching?

Great for the sake of the bloody 'FFFF' teaching itself?!

I am NOT a FFFF teacher, and HOPEFULLY WILL NEVER BE ASIDE FROM PRACTICALS.

I am not born to be a teacher. NO.

I want to live and die by doing the things i love. Or at least by doing things i enjoy doing, such as helping to console, consult and listen to people's problems and foremost; writing for entertainment; novels or scripts.

Teaching is definitely NOT one of them. In fact I have even somewhat sworn to myself during school years that i will never be a teacher.

I SUCK at communicating and socializing with people. having to stand in front of about 50 students and educate them is not what i am capable to do. i'm always a passive person. A quiet person. i am not outspoken with my words and opinions, and it is very hard for me to even engage in a bloody conversation with people i am close with.

LET ALONE HAVING TO COMMUNICATE WITH 50 OR MORE STUDENTS/STRANGERS.

I feel very uncomfortable. VERY, VERY uncomfortable. in fact, i feel so uncomfortable to the point where i can LITERALLY peed myself there. Perhaps i would just stand there and do nothing cuz i'm too scared to even talk to the students.

God, how can i NOT KNOW that TESL is about TEACHING? if i knew TESL was actually all about BLOODY TEACHING, i would have chosen mass com instead! Why was i so blind?!

p/s: i need help, ASAP.

1 comment:

  1. teaching is about HELPING ppl!!

    d best joy in teaching is when they say.. "oooo..."


    teaching is about letting sum ppl 2 know wat they havent b4.

    byk lg arh~

    sengal~


    ahahahahah~

    ReplyDelete