Tuesday 21 December 2010

Finally 21!

Today is my 21st birthday, which to me is the most important birthdate ever. Because it celebrates the official beginning or adulthood. When you are 21, people will start looking at you as an adult, as a person capable of living his/her own life independently.

When you ask a person "How old are you?" and he or she answered "21." Sure enough you won't be having this thought in you head of that person being an immature kid.

When a person said he is 21, or 22, (eg: my brother is 22 years old. My sister is 21 years old), you will immediately thought that this person have a carrier, and is ready for marriage. You will have this idea of that person isn't an immature school kid, but an adult you can trust to accompany, take care, educate, or lead younger people. When somebody told you he or she has a 21 or 22 year old brother/sister, tell me what is the first thing going through your mind about that particular brother/sister of his/her?

That's what makes this birthday so important. its the official beginning of changing people's assumption towards you. You are no longer the school kid, or the teenager, or the kid from some college still studying. I am no longer a school kid, a teenager, or a kid from some college and still studying.

I am 21 years old and I will have a carrier.

I am 21 years old and I am ready to move on to the next phase of challenge in life.

Ready for commitment in my work, ready for commitment in marriage, nor raising children.

Ready to face the next big thing. And i can't wait.

BRING IT ON!

p/s: nextime when people ask me am i working or studying, i wont have to answer "i'm 19 and still studying in the university." instead, i can answer "I am 22 and working at ......." LOL~

No comments:

Post a Comment