Wednesday 5 January 2011

I PASSED MY JPJ TEST!!!! :D

Historical Day: FINALLY PASSED JPJ TEST!!!

God i was so goddamn happy and thankful that i wanted to do sujud syukur! Finally after a year of waiting, since the end of 2009, i passed the JPJ test on the 5th of January 2011!!!

There were so many things that went through my mind when i got to know i passed the JPJ test:

1) I can finally help my mom to drive when she's tired or have back pains or sore feet

2) I can finally go anywhere i want without using the public transport, and without having to make difficult of my mom to drive me there

3) I can drive to UNIHELL and my school and i don't need to take the bus anymore!

4) I can finally DRIVE myself home rather than having to wait and use the KTM :D

5) I can take my siblings to go out by driving rather than having to wait for mom or make difficult of her to take them out. (eg: go to jusco to watch movies, take them to the store if they need things, take them out to eat outside, etc)

6) I can change driving shifts with my parents when we are driving long-distance

7) I can go to any state i want, ANYWHERE i want (genting highland, KL, etc) without having to take the bus NOR wait for my mom or 'menyusahkan' my mom to take me there. I can just go there without worrying of transportation :P

Basically, the two most essential thing that i had in my mind when i passed my JPJ test was that, 1st, i am finally capable of being INDEPENDENT!!! and 2nd, i can finally HELP my mom to drive rather than just listen to her complaints of sore back and feet helplessly when she drove (as i couldn't drive back then. BACK THEN, HAH!!! LOL!!! :PPP)

I-AM-FINALLY-CAPABLE-OF-HELPING-MOM-IN-A-WAY :P

Ok, lets start talking about how i passed it. I failed JPJ twice before this, twice at the 3 pointer and the road. And i wasn't fully ok with controlling the car on the slope as well.

And then hell yeah i was scared and got so god-damn nervous on the way to the JPJ test. The JPJ test place was far away from UNIHELL.. Very, very far away. So i had a lot of bad thoughts in my mind, of how if i fail this time too? Wasted of RM560, and a pain in the ass of having to be forced to go back and forth from my rent house to school/UNIHELL by Bus since no one in my practicum group were able to drive nor has any cars to drive. My stomach had these painful butterflies on the way to the place.

The wait was much more painful than doing the actual test.

Surprisingly, i didn't feel that much of nervousness in me when i finally arrived and was about to do all three test (slope, parking and 3 pointer) in the track. I convinced myself that i've done this like a million times during my practice session and i've done the same for JPJ twice before. I am familiar with the procedures and the techniques therefore i had no reason to freak out. I felt even more confident when i had been taught by my driving school teacher there the real technique on overcoming the slope, and had somewhat basically mastered the skill as well.

(FYI, i was taught by 2 different driving teachers when i failed my JPJ twice before this, both of them from the same driving school in Puchong, but this time i took the class and test in Kuala Kubu, with a different teacher, and surpiringly i passed.)

=_=" of course, the only thing i was worried at that time was whether or not i can pass the 3 pointer test this time.

When i did the 3 pointer, i panicked a little, just a little, because i was worried if i had accidentally touched the line again on the cement floor. But halfway, i decided to just go for it and not going to let myself be bothered and disturbed by the problem. i said to myself, it doesn't matter anymore if i pass or not because if i don't pass, it will be just the same like my previous JPJ tests, therefore the same cycle will repeat itself again.

i Was actually waiting for the JPJ officer to blow his whistle to stop me and say that i fail, and tell me to get out of the car (just like how my twice of my failure did previously). Shockingly when i did the 3 pointer, I hear no whistle blowing! I was just about to feel happy then suddenly..

My car suddenly reverse a bit backwards due to the slope when i stopped the car to drive it out. And i know that it will be a fail when the car move more than 3 times. And there i thought "Damn! Fail again!"

When i got to the JPJ's table to get my form, i got even more frustrated when my 3 pointer form was empty. I cursed myself for failing again at the very same place.

And then there it was.... The officer suddenly ticked every box and wrote there 'Lulus'!!!

I was soo soooo sooo happy! The first time ever of passing that 3 pointer test during JPJ test!!! I blurted out 'Alhamdullillah!' out of happiness, and said thank you happily to the officer, and he smiled awkwardly to me. (he had no idea how desperate i was to get a pass for the 3 pointer test)

The same goes to the on-the-road test. I failed twice too previously. The first time was because i used the right lane, and it was a mandatory mistake. The second time, i had food poisoning and the road was as busy as hell, so i drove like nuts and was too eager to switch lanes till i was claimed as driving dangerously =_="

And so i hadn't had on high hopes to pass this one too, although i was pretty much confident on driving. When i got into the car, i did everything i should before driving, and i drove like how i practised during the lessons. Like usual, the JPJ officer wasn't showing his friendly face. He didn't even smile. The worse part was that he wore sunglasses, so i couldn't read his eyes and tell his expression whether he was pleased with my driving or not.

Come to say of it, i noticed that MOST JPJ officers wear sunglasses, and i was dying to know why. Why would they wear sunglasses? is it compulsory for them? Because the sunglasses made them look cool, but frightening. The sunglasses made them look fierce, which adds to the nervousness of fellow first-timers of JPJ test-takers.

And so to break the ice, i finally dared myself to ask my JPJ officer the question when driving back to the JPJ test place, while waiting at the traffic light to go green. (after waiting for a long time, considering whether or not i should ask because the officer looked so fierce and not wanting to talk or anything).

Again, surprisingly, he responded well and even friendly to me! He complained to me that the heat was torturing, the light was too bright and that he needs to stay inside the car for hours to monitor and assess the test-takers performances and bear the bright sunlight. He said it hurts their eyes as they need to face the bright light for hours, instead of leaving the car after a few minutes of driving like the test-takers.

It was really shocking to me that this fierce-looking officer was actually friendly (only after i started asking him first and break the ice.). He asked me why i asked, and i said i just noticed that most JPJ officers wear them and felt curious. I told him the sunglasses made them all look pretty cool, but frighteningly fierce at the same time which will only add the nervousness of the participants. He laughed and asked me if i had anymore curious questions. I told him my bf wants to become a jpj officer and was wondering how. Then he explains on the procedures, which i don't really understand.

He asked again if i had anymore questions. I said "Nah, the only questions i have left in my mind are personal ones that should not be asked."

And suddenly he replied, "Don't worry, i am married with two kids."

And i was like "What-the-hell? i didn't even ask you anything and you already straight away assuming the question and replied me personal details about you? i didn't ask you that at all -.-"

But of course, i didn't say that. I only laughed politely and smiled. (till i forgot to hit the left signal to turn left back into the JPJ test place)

Then, he told me to sign here and there, and he passed me 17/20!!!

I don't care if its just one mark above failure, the important thing is I PASSED!!!! And I don't need to do all these stupid JPJ tests and attend driving lessons anymore!!!

YEEEEHAAA!!! Finally able to drive a car without doubting on not having license!!!

Thank you God for letting me pass this time, Thank you SO SO MUCH!!!

p/s: i just can't wait to drive back home!

No comments:

Post a Comment