Wednesday 11 November 2009

I want him to stay. At least for now.

I begged him once, "Please don't ever leave me."

He looked me in the eye and smiled tenderly. "I'll stay as long as you remember me, and I'll leave when you no longer need me."

I smiled back and hugged him tight, feeling really safe.

And in a slow voice, i can hear him whisper under his breath, "I know you will soon forget about me. When that time comes, i'll walk away with a smile, knowing that you've finally found a reason to beam and i'll disappear as if i have never existed. But don't worry. When you need me, i will always come back for you."

He's right. I know deep inside my heart that he will disappear from my memories one day. His presence is only temporary.

I just hope the time isn't now.

Because right now, i need him with me, and i need him really bad.

No comments:

Post a Comment