Wednesday 13 July 2011

It opened my eyes & heart. :)

I did the most coolest thing today, and this ought to be one of the historical moments in my life.

I went to an interview, Finally got the job, and ending up rejecting it in the end.

By that, i mean by rejecting a job of RM3300 per month salary.

Why? Here's the thing.

I was expecting this job to be something, SOMETHING you know. But the moment i stepped into the office, the only thing the interviewer talked about is describing how and what should i do to get new students registering in that particular university.

He didn't even touched my resume nor certificates.

Which gave me this idea that "He would even accept an SPM-leaver kid to do this job, as long as that kid brings students to register in the university."

So was that 4 years of hardship in UNIHELL worth it for this job? When he doesn't even care about my education level or how well i did in UNIHELL? All he cared about is my potential in bringing in new clients (of which i never will have the guts to do it) and not my grades or education level (despite the high salary).

If i accept that sales & marketing job, i think my 4 years of hard work in UNIHELL was useless. he doesn't givadamn about the grades. he gives a damn about how much money i can make.

Of which i can do without going through 4 years of hardship in the first place.

The salary was of course, tempting. But i get the hang of myself and decided that i CANNOT ACCEPT THIS JOB. I CAN'T DO IT AND NEVER WILL.

Because my 4 years of hard work will go to waste.

Because i am currently not that desperate to get a job.

Because I am not good, never will, and HATE sales & marketing jobs.

Because I want to work hard for my dream job and not wanting to be stuck committing towards the company working the job i hate most for the next 10 or 20 years to come.

I came to that place with a strong hope, and i left with pride.

I won't sell my soul to the Devil of Life just to get a lot of money, and ending up living the rest of my days as a miserable, unhappy, unsatisfied, pathetic, soulless, upset woman who hates her job she is doing and will continue to do forever.

No. I can't do that job. I CAN'T.

Thus i ending up rejecting the offer and walk out empty handed, but with a relieved heart knowing i made a correct decision.

There are plenty of other jobs in the sea.

I will work my way from bottom to top in a hotel enviroment even if it means becoming only as a receptionist at first and having a small salary.

but i am HAPPY to work that way, rather than selling my soul to the Devil just for the sake of money. I know i won't be happy and i dont wanna be stuck doing that crappy job and being too late in chasing the dream job.

I want the experience of working in a hotel, climbing my way up despite the small salary. (hey, i'm still single and have no current commitment towards any liabilities yet allright?)

NEVER SALES & MARKETING.

Happiness is much worth it for the last hated 4 years of hardship. I spent 4 years taking and studying a course i hated and i wont want to spend another 20 years working a job i hated too.

Let this be a good, happy beginning for my career and life. No more shitty, crappy stuff.

The interview made me realize what i hate and what i really want in my life.

Hence, rejecting the Rm3300 job?

It was so, so, so worth it.

heck, it was priceless. :D

No comments:

Post a Comment